Friday, January 3, 2014

To Make the World More Beautiful...

The other day, I was reminded of a writing/art project I did with my kindergarteners last year inspired by the book, Miss Rumphius.  I dug through my old emails and found the email I sent out to parents about it last year.  I'm hoping it will inspire me as I set goals for this year.


From: Rachel Miller
Sent: ‎4/‎12/‎2013 8:06 AM
Subject: To make the world more beautiful...

After reading the book, Miss Rumphius, the kids came up with ideas for how they would make the world more beautiful.  You can take a look at what they wrote in the hall, but I thought their ideas were so sweet that I would send them to you as well…

"If the world is ugly, you should paint it."  --N

To make the world more beautiful, I will paint the walls pink in Mom and Dad's room.
                                                                            -Z
To make the world more beautiful, I will paint murals on the walls using all the colors of the rainbow.
                                                                           -T
To make the world more beautiful, I will make a home for the animals.  The home that looks like a star.
                                                                           -S
To make the world more beautiful, I will pick up litter.  I will have help from my three friends:  Michal, Noa, and Kiki.
                                                                            -P
To make the world more beautiful, I will plant flowers, paint buildings, and use kind manners.
                                                                           -N
To make the world more beautiful, I will plant trees.  I will plant trees in the forest.
                                                                           -M
To make the world more beautiful, I will plant flowers.  I will plant lupines.
                                                                           -K
To make the world more beautiful, I will plant flowers.
                                                                           -N
To make the world more beautiful, I will say please and thank you.  To make the world more beautiful, I will help people.
                                                                                  -A
To make the world more beautiful, I will take care of the animals.  I will feed the animals.
                                                                                  -A


No comments:

Post a Comment